Monday, May 24, 2010

Heee's Baaack!

Leave it to a kitten to find something sharp and dangerous to play with. Scout found our buddy the stowaway crawdad yesterday in the field. I actually saw them from the kitchen window and recognized the little fellow immediately. After a few minutes, Scout became disinterested and began to walk toward me...right over the top of the raised claws. He grabbed onto her leg, she freaked and flicked him up in the air, and he went flying into the knee-deep grass. 



What would he have done without human intervention?

I lent him a stick to grab onto and pulled him out.


I guess it was too thick for his claw because he got stuck.


When I finally got him free, I flailed and failed to pick him up by the tail to put him back in the water because I guess I'm not a true farm girl yet. I had to use cardboard.


Oh, well. I'll have another chance some other day, I'm sure. His home is just beyond the back door! 



No comments:

Post a Comment