Friday, January 7, 2011

So, here's why...

If you've checked in to our blog lately in the last, oh, say, seven months, you have been staring into a ladle eye. Sorry. We do have a very good reason for the lapse of entries, and it's this:


Mmm, hmm. This piece of info, combined with 24/7 nausea and 100-degree weather kept me indoors on the couch rather than out in the garden during July and August. I tried a few cool mornings to get some weeding in, yet stopping every few minutes to hunch over for a gag reflex made getting any work done difficult. By the time I felt better, it was September, and I'd lost much of my summer goods to the pests as well as the chance for fall crops. But at least I get this out of the deal:


Come April, I'll pop this little person out (we aren't finding out whether it's a he or she!), strap him or her in a wrap and get back out there. (Can you tell I'm a first-time mom? Am I delusional to think that I'll do anything other than be a milk machine?) Idyllic dreams of motherhood still playing out in my head, I plan on starting my seeds later this month, with high hopes of a healthy baby, a bountiful garden, and good sun and soil to feed both our souls come summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment